Hello Plymouth Michigan!

It’s been three years since we first met here in Kellogg Park to help begin one of the greatest movements in American political history. In the past three years, grass-roots patriots from our local communities have stepped forward to provide leadership and inspiration. Together, we had tremendous success in 2010, electing 680 new champions of limited government in states around the country, and firing Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the U.S. House.

But we have a long way to go, and we are still in grave danger.  The Left has been scheming for the past 50 years to impose Socialism on America. The radicals in Washington and their apologists in the traditional media have fought the Tea Party movement tooth and nail.  First, they pretended we didn’t exist.  But we didn’t go away.  Then they mocked and ridiculed us.  But we didn’t go away.  Then they demonized us, calling us racists and extremists and putting us on terrorist watch lists.  Still, we didn’t go away.

This reminds me of Ghandi’s words:  “First, they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you…and then you win.”  Now it’s 2012, we haven’t gone away, and we’re going to win back the U.S. Senate and the White House!

As we recognize Tax Day today, it is clear that this is a momentous time.  Supreme Court Justice Kennedy put it perfectly during the recent hearings on ObamaCare.  He declared that the individual mandate changes the relationship of the Federal Government to the individual in a very fundamental way.  Essentially, the mandate is a tax penalty for doing nothing.  It reminds me of the Beatles song Taxman:  “If you drive a car, I’ll tax the street.  If you try to sit, I’ll tax your seat.  If you get too cold, I’ll tax the heat.  If you take a walk, I’ll tax your feet.”

We patriots do not oppose paying taxes to support the few, legitimate functions of the Federal Government that are defined and limited by the Constitution.  However, the government has strayed so far from the Constitution that it is arguably more abusive than the monarchy we revolted against over 200 years ago.

Most of what the government spends has nothing to do with its constitutional mandate.  Today, 70% of government expenditures are simply transfers of wealth from Peter to Paul.  Of the remaining 30%, very little is constitutional.  There are entire departments, like Energy and Education, that should simply be abolished!

Vice President Joe Biden told us “it’s our patriotic duty to pay more taxes.”  I say that it is our patriotic duty to remove tyrants like him from office!

The frightening thing is that today’s high taxes aren’t enough to satisfy the spending monster in Washington.  Taxes only support 60% of government spending.  The remaining 40% is being borrowed from China, from the Social Security Trust fund, from our children, and from imaginary creations of the Federal Reserve.

The radicals will tell you that they haven’t increased taxes, but what we borrow today is essentially a tax increase tomorrow, because the borrowed money has to be paid back eventually.

Here are some ways to visualize our $16 trillion national debt:

  • Our debt is equal to $200,000 for every family of four in the U.S.
  • If you took 16 trillion one dollar bills and laid them end to end in a straight line, it would stretch from the earth to the sun 16 times!
  • Our debt is bigger than the annual economic output of China, Japan, and Germany — combined.
  • A recent lottery jackpot reach $640 million.  Our government borrows that much every 90 minutes.
  • In just three years, Obama has added more to our debt than the first 42 presidents added over two hundred years — combined.

And we continue to borrow over a trillion more dollars each year.  You can’t save a nation that’s drowning in debt by taking on even more debt, any more than you can save a drowning man by throwing more water on him.  John Adams warned, “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.  One is by sword.  The other is by debt.”  Our economic policies are robbing our children and grandchildren of opportunity.  It is brutally immoral — we are making slaves of our own dependents.

Who is going to pay this debt back?  The poor won’t, because they can’t.  And even if we taxed 100% of the income of everyone making more than $75,000 per year, we would still be in debt.  As a result, the middle class is eventually going to be decimated by higher taxes or inflation – or both.

The sad thing is that our politicians don’t have the courage to balance our budget.  They don’t even have the guts to pass any budget – the spineless cowards have gone three years without a formal budget for our government, which makes us no better than a banana republic.

They lack the spine to cut spending.  They lack the spine to reduce entitlements.  They prefer to pander to their bases rather than to fix our problems.

The worst is yet to come.  Every policy of Obama is geared toward transferring wealth rather than creating it.  All of his solutions require more government, greater spending, and less liberty.  All of his messages are framed in Marxian terms of class warfare.

Obama is not only transferring our wealth to lower class, he’s transferring it to the upper class!  He has given trillions in bailouts to bankers, Wall Street moguls, and other cronies.  Government workers are becoming rich with lavish salaries and benefits.  380,000 government employees make over $100,000 per year, double from when Obama took office!   The suburbs of Washington are now the richest zip codes in America.  The middle class will eventually pay for it all.

Ayn Rand said, “An honest man is one who knows that he can’t consume more than he has produced.”  Sadly, we have become a country full of millions who do consume more than they produce, and they are voting for politicians who pander to them.

They are the “something for nothing” crowd.  They are the Occupy Wall Street crowd.  They have no respect for private property or hard work.  There are more and more people climbing into the wagon, and fewer and fewer people pulling it.  At some point, when there are more people riding in the wagon than pulling it, the country ends up like Greece or Venezuela.

Which group of people would you rather build a nation with?  People who value hard work, free trade, and self-responsibility?  Or people who value entitlements, unearned income, and victimhood?  Is it even possible to build a nation full of people like the latter?  I’m afraid we’re about to learn the answer.

Thomas Jefferson said, “Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”  We are at a dangerous tipping point.  Only fifty percent of eligible voters pay federal income taxes.  If the scale tips even further toward the socialists, they will eventually vote our wealth away.

That’s the essential issue in this election.  Jefferson’s words in the Declaration of Independence are the most morally profound words ever crafted in a political document.  We have a right to our life and property.  We do not have a right to the life and property of our neighbors.

This fundamental social compact has made us the greatest society in the history of the world, and the most moral society in the history of the world.

Our national anthem declares us to be the land of the free and the home of the brave.  But the radicals in Washington have betrayed this vision of America.  Mr. Obama, I know you think this is the land of the dependents and the home of the cowards, but there are still a whole lot of people in America who disagree with you.

The first three words of our sacred Constitution are “We the People”.  We the people are the masters of every single bureaucrat and politician in America.  We can hire them and fire them, and a whole bunch of them deserve to be fired.

As with all presidential elections, the basic question is “Are you better off than you were four years ago?”  Here are just a few examples of the many ways that the Obama administration has abused the American people:

  • The median price of a home is down 31%.
  • 16% of the workforce is either unemployed or working marginal jobs.
  • Food stamp recipients have increased from 32 million to 45 million.
  • America’s credit rating was cut for the first time in our history.
  • Our enemies have been coddled and our allies have been alienated.
  • Two socialist justices were appointed to the Supreme Court.
  • For the first time in our history, all Americans will be forced by ObamaCare to purchase a product from a third party.  Thus, everybody must now prove that they are insured, but nobody has to prove they are a citizen.

Barack Obama, you’ve nationalized our healthcare industry, humiliated America abroad, weakened our borders, cut our armed forces, increased our dependency on foreign energy, increased our dependency on government, divided us by race, divided us by class, divided us by gender, indebted us for generations, propagandized our children, polarized our politics, and appointed “czars” to regulate and harass us.

We patriots will not stand silent as you systematically dismantle the greatest nation on earth.  You and your administration deserve to be fired on November 6th, and that’s exactly what we the people are going to do!

We have 100 senators, 435 congressmen, and one president.  The problems in our civil society exist because these 536 politicians have forgotten our founding principles.  Abraham Lincoln told us, “We the people are the rightful masters of the congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution.”

Given the disaster confronting us now, we have no choice but to follow Lincoln’s advice and vote the tyrants out of office!

Thank you.